To promote active and meaningful Public Involvement in the research that the Research Design Service (RDS) South Central supports.
The RDS SC believes that involving members of the public strengthens both the quality and relevance of health and social care research. Our aim aligns with the National RDS Public Involvement Community (PI-C) strategy, objectives and work plan and also aligns with the Standards (St) for Public Involvement and Going the Extra Mile (GtEM) report recommendations. This aim will be achieved through the following objectives, we will:
- Promote effective ways of encouraging and supporting RDS SC clients to meaningfully embed Public Involvement throughout research proposals.
- Support an increasingly diverse and empowered Public Involvement community.
- Continually review existing structures and networks to increase opportunities for the public to support RDS SC.
- Work with INVOLVE and members of the public to inform, promote and encourage the use of national Public Involvement standards.
- Work with national partners and stakeholders on activities related to Public Involvement, providing a communication link between national and regional activities.
- Provide leadership and support within our regional networks to ensure that Public Involvement work aligns with NIHR goals in health and social care research.
- Provide learning and development opportunities for RDS SC Public Involvement advisers to ensure that they can develop and maintain the skills and knowledge necessary to provide high quality advice to RDS SC clients.
- Continually monitor and record the indicators of impact of Public Involvement work within the RDS SC.