Information, tips and pointers to other resources to help your research team plan an effective study.
Specialist advice on specific aspects of a study
Follow the links on the right.
Information Pack for Health and Social Care Researchers
This highlights some of the key issues to consider when making a research grant application, including:
- Refining your research idea
- Examining the current literature
- Getting your methodology right
- The usual structure of a grant application, and what a reviewer would expect to see in each section
- Logistical issues to consider, including time and money
- Types of costs typically requested
- Ethics and governance procedures required of all NHS research
- What Patient and Public Involvement is, and how to do it well
- Other organisations which may be useful to you.
This list is not definitive; your Research Advisor can provide advice specifically tailored to your application.
Guidance for Researchers Applying for Grants – Map of Southampton Support Services
For information and details of support services that are available to researchers in Southampton when applying for a research grant, please see the Guidance for Researchers Applying for Grants – Map of Southampton Support Services.
This document was created by the Southampton NIHR Local Working Group and it includes contact details, information on the remit, cost of service, time before submission to be contacted and details of what service each unit provides to support researchers. Information about the following units is provided in this document:
- NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN): Wessex
- NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) South Central
- NIHR Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility (CRF)
- Southampton Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
- University Hospitals Southampton (UHS) Research & Development (R&D)
- University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine Finance
- University of Southampton Research and Innovation Services
Download the Guidance for Researchers Applying for Grants
Share the knowledge
If you discover a useful resource not mentioned here, please drop us a line at email@example.com